[Samba] Printer permissions from W2K

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Thu Dec 2 19:32:21 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+andras=kende.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+andras=kende.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
joec at aracnet.com
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:36 AM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Printer permissions from W2K

Hey all...

I am trying to connect to a Epson FX-85 24-pin printer on my
file/print/samba server. I am running SuSE 9.1/Samba 3.0.2a with CUPS as the
print spool. When I try to connect to the printer from W2K land, I get this
error:
"Permission denied"

I am at a loss as to where to look (sorry I dont have my smb.conf file
posted. I am away from home for a couple of days). ALl else (drive mapping
to W2K, smbfs mounting) works great. But trying to map a linux printer to
WIndows has been the last great hangup.

Any suggstions?

Joe

The windows user connecting to printer share don't have the correct
permissions for printing...

Check the printer spool directory for guest permissions..

Something like this would work : chmod -R 777 /var/spool/samba

Andras Kende
http://www.kende.com