[Samba] Trying to configuring a G4 OS 10.2.8

Sanders at MetroParks.net Sanders at MetroParks.net
Thu Dec 2 18:03:14 GMT 2004

Hello,

    I am working on configuring a G4 with OS 10.2.8(Jaguar). I  have read a
lot of email on the difficulty of adding this type of computer to a Windows
2000 Active Directory environment. This G4 computer's user is an
Adminstrator user. I have try Admit Mac 2.0 and ran into some problem
issues, because it was set up for an administrator user.  Admit Mac 2.0 was
able to see the Active Directory objects, but the libraries for the program
files like adobe photoshop and fonts would not work in this environment.  We
backed off so that we would not lose informationon. How does SAMBA work in
this environment? How should a person with very little Mac experience
approach this issue? I work with microsoft product like Windows 2000/NT
server, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I would like to use Samba to allow the
G4 user to access our Windows 2000 network.