[Samba] Problem with static WINS entries

Thomas Hannan thannan at pharm-olam.com
Thu Dec 2 14:13:31 GMT 2004

I have also noticed this problem, and haven't been able to get around
it. (My main subnet is 192.168.100.0/24 and I was trying to add an entry
for a member samba server that acts as a fileserver in a different
subnet 192.168.99.60 which is in a network directly connected to the
PDC/WINS host via another network card)

I gave up and started simply using \\192.168.99.60\share in my logon
scripts.

I'd be happy to troubleshoot this with anyone willing.
-Tico