[Samba] Home drives not as documented

John Ryan johnryan_852 at iprimus.com.au
Thu Dec 2 11:57:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm using Samba 3.0.5 on a Fedora Linux box.
I have in my smb.conf

logon home = \\%L\%u\.profile
logon path = \\%L\profiles$\%u
logon drive = H:

[profiles$]
comment = Windows XP profile directory
path = /home/profile

[homes]
comment = home dirs
browseable = no
writeable =yes

I have a mixture of Win95 and WinXP clients
The Win95 clients map the home drive correctly to the users home directory, and store their profile in ~/.profile, but the WinXP
clients map H: to ~/.profile. I've tried various combinations of logon home and logon path, but whatever I set logon home to, is
where H: gets mapped to by WinXP

I could change it to \\%L\%u but then the Win95 macines dump their profile in the home directory.
I want both XP and 95 boxes to have H: as their home dir.

I'd appreciate some help.
Thanks

John Ryan
Adelaide AUS