[Samba] Re: File permissions changing

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Dec 1 18:34:28 GMT 2004

Does this affect all applications or specific ones only? Have you tried simply echo'ing to a non-existing file from the workstation and then looking at the resulting settings on the file created? I
just did that for a share with the create mask of 666 and did receive 666. Some apps do fancy things with temp files and renaming which has caused errors with Samba in the past, but that should be
cleared up these days.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems