[Samba] Protected storage errors when migrating from W2K profile to NT

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Tue Aug 31 21:14:45 GMT 2004

I've got a user whose computer had to be downgraded to NT from W2K due to
performance issues.  I need him to be using the same profile if possible.
However, every time he logs in to NT and opens Outlook Express, he gets all
these "Protected Storage" errors which ask him for a password, but don't take
any password he puts in (or I put in).  We had the same problem in IE, but
disabled form auto-completion.  I don't see how to do a similar thing in OE,
and wondered if anyone here has found a work-around.  I did see a  message
about the same problem on 12/18/03 but no resolution.

My apologies if this is not a Samba issue.  I'm not sure if it's a Samba or
W2K or OE issue.

Misty