[Samba] Can't login from Windows PC to Samba using ADS?

Michael Cesar TheCesars at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 17:15:29 GMT 2004

Wait a minute.

I thought I read somewhere that with Samba 3, in order to have it
authenticate a share as a member of an ADS domain one didn't need to
setup any accounts on the Linux/Samba  server box?

I just read in another how-to that NSS is responsible for identity
management and PAM is responsible for authentication of login
credential. If those are both true and can be set to winbind, why do I
need to consider NIS or installing Unix Services for Windows?

Michael Cesar