[Samba] Login Problem after RESTORE with Powerquest Driveimage!!

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Tue Aug 31 13:52:58 GMT 2004

Perhaps it is the same problem as with Windows 2000. But I'm not sure.

The proplem is the SID of Windows, that gets changed every time you login.
If your restore an old image this SID does not match the stored SID in the
domain.

See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325554

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 16:01, Fink Oliver wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some Computers on which I have an Image (created
> with Powerquest DriveImage) of Windows XP stored
> on the second partition of the local harddrive.
> If I restore my Windows XP Installation from the image and
> reboot - the logon doesen`t work any more.
>
> I get an error something like: Domaincontroller cannot be found....
>
> After that I have to add this computer newly to the domain and
> it works again.
>
> What could this be ????
>
> I have samba 3.0.5 installed as a Domain Controller.
>
> If you need any more info pleas e-mail me !!!
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Fink Oliver

> Bildungs-Center der AK
> Oliver Fink
> Schießstätte 16
> A-6800 Feldkirch
>
> Tel. ++43/(0)5522-3551-16
> Fax. ++43/(0)5522-3551-17
> e-mail: mailto:oliver.fink at ak-vorarlberg.at

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Gerhard Gappmeier <gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com>
ascolab GmbH - automation systems communication laboratory
http://www.ascolab.com