[Samba] write permission

charles charles at synergyit.ca
Tue Aug 31 13:56:41 GMT 2004

Hi,
Recently I have migrated my file windows PDC server to samba. I have problem
with writing to subfolders. I need to set write permission manually from
linux server to get access to sub folders. How can I set the write
permissions to inherit the sub folders.

regards
Charles Nanayakara

Synergy IT Solutions Inc.
151 Brunel Road, Units 11 & 12
Mississauga, ON ,L4Z 2H6
T: 905 502 5955 Ext: 233
F: 905 502 5655
 www.synergyit.ca <http://www.synergyit.ca>

CONFIDENTIALITY / SECURITY NOTICE: Privileged/Confidential information may
be contained in this message and may be subject to legal privilege. Access
to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver this
message (or any part of its contents) to anyone or take any action in
reliance on it. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by e-mail: info at synergyit.ca <mailto:info at synergyit.ca> or
telephone: 905-502-5955 and delete the e-mail. All reasonable precautions
have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail . Since our
company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject this email
to YOUR virus checking procedures prior to use. The views, opinions,
conclusions and other information expressed in this electronic mail are not
given or endorsed by the company unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative of Synergy IT Solutions Inc.