[Samba] FileLockEx Problem

Steven Bush sbjobs at scitegic.com
Tue Aug 31 01:16:40 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm a developer working on an application for Windows XP and have been
using the Win32 API call FileLockEx() on shared files (writing or
reading).  This has been working fine, but we now have a customer where
this causes the following error when trying to lock a file on a samba
network drive (it works fine if the file is local or on a windows shared
drive):

LockFileEx returns false.
GetLastError = 50
Error message = "The network request is not supported."

We have a samba drive at our facility where this works fine and other
customers have not experienced this problem.  Any idea what may be the
problem?

Thanks for any help!
Steve Bush
--