[Samba] winbind problem (?) on samba 3 ADS

Emir Faisal st1llg0tth3blu3s at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Aug 31 00:54:51 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have installed samba 3.0.6 based on the "Official
HOWTO" to join out Active Directory environment, with
winbind and pam support. I have join the samba to the
domain using "net ads join -Umyloginame". I can do the
"wbinfo -g", "getent passwd" and "getent group"
correctly. I also can list shares on other machine,
using kerberos:

# kinit myloginame at REALM.FQDN
Password for myloginame at REALM.FQDN:
# smbclient -k -L \\borneo
OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790] Server=[Windows Server
2003 5.2]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
#

Problem:
The only thing that I CAN'T do is to access the share
on samba machine. The "wbinfo -u" shows a wrong
combination of "WRKGRP\myloginame.full" instead of our
usual login combination "WRKGRP\myloginame" or
"myloginame.full at REALM.FQDN".

definition:
myloginame	= Pre-Windows 2000 Logon Name
myloginame.full	= Windows 2000 Logon Name

smb.conf:
[global]
unix charset = LOCALE
workgroup = WRKGRP
realm = REALM.FQDN
server string = Samba-3.0.6
security = ADS
password server = nias
username map = /opt/samba-3.0.6/lib/username_map.conf
# username level = 3
log level = 1
syslog = 0
log file = /var/opt/samba-3.0.6/%m
max log size = 50
printcap name = CUPS
wins server = nias
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
template primary group = "Domain Users"
template shell = /bin/bash
winbind separator = +
winbind use default domain = yes
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind cache time = 1
winbind nested groups = yes
printing = cups
preferred master = no
domain master = no
local master = no
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
use kerberos keytab = yes

as expected in the logfile:

winbindd logfile:
==> winbindd <==
[2004/08/31 08:54:44, 1]
nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(1059)
  user 'myloginame.full' does not exist
[2004/08/31 08:54:44, 1]
nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(1059)
  user 'myloginame.full' does not exist
[2004/08/31 08:54:45, 1]
nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(1059)
  user 'myloginame.full' does not exist

Thank you,
EF

=====