[Samba] Accessing Samba (3.0.4) server from multiple domains

PaulD sarcasmo_2004 at yahoo.ie
Mon Aug 30 14:31:25 GMT 2004

Hi,

In my company I have a couple of NT domains, call them
say;
   DOMAINONE
   DOMAINTWO

I have a samba (v3.0.4) box running as a filestore,
without problem off my main domain DOMAINONE.

Each user on DOMAINONE has a home directory on the
box.
The samba box is a domain memberserver, and the
authentication is managed by winbind looking up the
userid's against DOMAINONE.

Each of the homedirs are chown'd in the format:
DOMAINONE+userid
This works nicely for all the users on DOMAINONE.

My problem; I need to get users setup from DOMAINTWO
on the box.
I can see the userid's if I do: wbinfo -u,
(there's a trust relationship between the two DOMAINS)
I can chown the userdirectory by doing ;
   chown DOMAINTWO+userid userid_folder/

But from the users NT/2000 machine they can't see the
server.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted

TIA