[Samba] Urgent help needed for samba server

xiaoqin_qiu at agilent.com xiaoqin_qiu at agilent.com
Mon Aug 30 20:24:27 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

This morning our Windows users can not access our samba server with version 3.0.5 running on HP-UX 11i. The error user got was:

The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

In the samba log, I saw the following errors:

connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the NETLOGON credentials to machine <PDC>. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available.

In the meantime, other samba servers having the same settings are working fine.

I suspected that this samba was kind of dropped from domain although it still showed up in the doamin, so someone in our team removed it from domain and rejoined again. But the problem still exists.

Is it possible that the remove and rejoin was not finished cleanly? What is the right solution for this problem?

It is very urgent issue in our site. Please help!!!

Thanks,

Xiaoqin Qiu
IT Infrastructure Services Organization
Agilent Technologies, Inc.