[Samba] Who builds the Debian packages?

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Mon Aug 30 16:32:25 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 16:20, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> To be honest, I'm not sure why we have debian packages
> on samba.org.  But Simo Sorce is who you need to ask.

We have debian package for the debian stable release (woody).

The Debian folks have the (right) habbit of not upgrading teir packages
in the stable version except for security fix (and they backport the
fix).
Newer version of samba from debian folks are available only on unstable
versions of debian.

As I, and many others, need the newer versions of samba but want to run
on stable versions of debian, I provide up to date packages compiled and
tested on woody.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org