[Samba] Howto upgrade Samba in W2k3 ADS environment

Alex de Vaal a.vaal at nh-hotels.com
Mon Aug 30 13:25:08 GMT 2004

Dear list,

What is the best way to upgrade Samba that is an domain member in a W2k3 ADS
environment?

The procedure I use right now is like this:

- stop the Samba daemons
- verify the Samba databases
- backup the Samba databases
- "net ads leave" to leave the ADS realm
- install new version of Samba
- "net ads join -Uadministrator" to join the ADS realm
- "net ads testjoin" to test if the join is Ok
- start the Samba daemons

The above procedure works fine, but I'm wondering if it is necessary to
leave and join the ADS realm everytime when I upgrade Samba?

--
Regards,

Alex de Vaal.

Visit our Web site: http://www.nh-hotels.com
This message is from NH HOTELES and it is private and confidential.
Its content may be legally protected.Reception by a non-intended person does not waive legal protection rights.
If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it from your system and report the sender.
Although this message has been cleared for viruses using currently available virus definitions before sending,
it is the responsibility of the receiver to ensure it is virus-free.Thank you.