[Samba] OS X unable to determine free space

Vin smb1 at cutternet.net
Sun Aug 29 18:06:10 GMT 2004

I have a Debian Linux machine running a Samba server. When I connect to
it using a windows XP machine, everything seems fine. I can create and
delete files from my home share, etc. The free space on the share
appears correctly as the overall free space of the partition that share
is on in the server. However, when I connect using OS X, it always says
0 free space. If I try and create a file, it succeeds, so long as the
app trying to create the files, does not check to see if there will be
enough space on the device first.

I'm not sure if OS X is at fault or Samba, or more accurately, my
configuration of one or the other.

Anyone have any advice on this one?

Thanks,
-Vin