[Samba] Disable multiple login to domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 29 11:31:05 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 19:36, JG Nasser Olwero wrote:
> I run RH Linux 7.3 and Samba 2.2.3 as a PDC.
>
> I have about 30 Win 98 clients loggin onto the Samba domain. I would
> like to disable multiple logins so that a user may only login to one
> client machine at a time and therefore not hold more than one computer
> concurrently.  Is this possible with my version of samba?  If so, how do
> I implement this?

This comes up in school environments a lot, but due to the way the
protocol works, it's actually quite hard to get right.

There is a proposed patch to Samba 3.0 (posted to samba-technical) that
would allow students to login once only, and then be banned until their
account is reset, but that's a different problem.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net