[Samba] samba multiple instances

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Fri Aug 27 16:33:09 GMT 2004

Ahhh - thanks!
I found the lock dir and pid dir param but must have missed the private dir param when searching the smb.conf manpage.
maybe i had an outdated manpage?

i give it a try.

it`s strange that google gives me "only" 365 hits when searching for <"private dir" smb.conf> (there are thousands of smb.conf
documents out there on the net!  is that a brand new param ?

so - only one issue left :

> > - i have no clue why nmbd binds to IP #1 or #2  AND to 0.0.0.0:138 THOUGH i configured bind interfaces only (bug?). that must be
the
> > reason why browsing doesn`t work when 2 instances are up and running.

:)

regards
roland