[Samba] samba multiple instances

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Aug 27 15:25:18 GMT 2004

>- i have no clue how to make samba instance #1 use /var/lib/samba and instance #2 use /var/lib/samba2 for their TDB backend files.

For what you're doing, which is pretty advanced, how bout if you
./configure your instances to run from their own seperate directory
trees?  Ex. /usr/local/samba-servername and
/usr/local/samba-otherservername That would make the most sense to me,
but maybe I'm just crazy.  Some of the other issues may go away if there
are other file overlaps you're not considering.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.