[Samba] windows xp + samba

settlersoman at poczta.onet.pl settlersoman at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Aug 27 08:55:26 GMT 2004

Hi

My company network is built on Fedora Core 2
machines running samba (3.0.3-5) and windows 2000/xp clients.
The domain controller is samba 3.0.3.

When I'm logging to samba from windows xp clients and after pressed to
mapped disk(share) they print out the error:

"An error occurred while reconnecting to [Drive Letter]:
to \\server\share. Microsoft Windows Network: The local
device name is already in use. This connection has not been
restored."

On windows 2000 clients I haven't problem.

 Can anyone please explain why this happens and how I
can prevent it?

please reply for my email: settlersoman at o2.pl

greetings

Mariusz (settlersoman at poczta.onet.pl)