3.0.6 winbindd upgrade problems (was: Re: [Samba] 3.0.6 and pam_winbind problems (sernet)?)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 26 23:20:14 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 01:19, Volker Tanger wrote:
> Hi Juan!
>
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:05:11 +0200 Juan Rey Saura <juanrey at inicia.es>
> wrote:
> > I experienced the same problem after upgrading on Debian, so I stopped
> > daemons, again, deleted *.tdb files under /var/cache/samba/ (also
> > printers/) and started the daemons and everything got fixed.
>
> Yepp - that was the solution to my (similar) problems, too. Too simple
> so I did not think of that one either.
>
> Maybe the Debian package maintainer (is he listening?) could put a
> one-liner into the restart-scripts, doing the remove automatically?

If you remove the wrong files, then bad things will happen.  A list of
tdbs and 'lifetimes' has been posted here before, but I would strongly
suggest getting to the bottom of the real issue before deciding to 'just
blow away all the tdbs'.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org