[Samba] Re: samba printing

David Rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Thu Aug 26 18:36:10 GMT 2004

Doug, don't know if this will help, but mine is working from XP clients
printing to a laserjet attached to my server. Here are the permissions for
the various spool directories:

skyline:/var # ls -al
drwxr-xr-x   17 root     root          448 May 17 22:30 spool
skyline:/var # ls -al spool
drwx--x---    3 lp       lp           2328 Aug 22 15:02 cups
drwxr-xr-x    2 lp       lp             48 Sep 23  2003 lpd
drwxrwxrwx    2 nobody   nobody         48 Aug 22 15:02 samba

my cupsd.conf is:

skyline:/etc/cups # cat cupsd.conf | grep -v '#'
LogLevel info
Printcap /etc/cups/printcap
User lp
Group lp