[Samba] VSS and Samba on Tru64 Unix

Mac mac at nibsc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 13:09:44 GMT 2004

Hi there,

>                                                             All users
>in a defined unix group should be able to copy, edit, and delete any
>file created by any other user in that group.
>
>As most of you probably already know, this works fine if the user
>checking the file out is the same as the user checking it in.   But if
>the user trying to check out a file is not the original user (ie. the
>unix user-owner) of the file, VSS dies, since it can't remove the
>windows READ attribute from the file in question.

I don't know which version it was introduced in, ut have a look at the
option 'dos filemode'.  I think it will do what you want.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#DOSFILEMODE

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Adminstrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                        dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 641565          Everything else: +44 7956 237670 (anytime)