[Samba] Roaming profiles taking long time to load

Tony Baker tony at onestep.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 11:07:03 GMT 2004

I have recently got an Apple X-serve running samba 3.0.2

I have created new users for my windows environment and on logging in
the roaming profiles have been created.

My windows systems are WinXP.
My problem is that logging in is taking approx 3mins and approx the same
to log out, with "saving settings" being displayed for most of this
time.

The apple is the PDC and also the WINS server.

The profile have only just been created and are only approx 750K in
size, both the Apple and the PC's are on Gigabit links.

What can I look for to stop this horrendous login/save times.

Regards

Tony Baker

tony at onestep.co.uk
Onestep Solutions plc