[Samba] getent shows local users only

Puter Man puterman at gawab.com
Wed Aug 25 22:41:12 GMT 2004

Hi,
   I have Linux Fedora Core 2.0 Installed, I need windows xp/2k
users to authenticate Samba via Windows 2003 active Directory.
I have configured my Kerberos to authenticate LInux to Windows
2003 and it seems working fine, "net Join -U Administrator"
successfully joins the Realm, it shows net ads users perfectly.
The only problem which i faced is when i say wbinfo -u it
displays an error saying "error showing domain users" but wbinfo
-g shows the groups, hence getent passwd does not fetch ADS
users. When i change my smb.conf security=domain, wbinfo -u
shows the ADS users but cannot getent passwd.
Any Advice

with regards
Saddique