[Samba] Exclusive oplock left by process

xiaoqin_qiu at agilent.com xiaoqin_qiu at agilent.com
Wed Aug 25 23:11:47 GMT 2004

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response. I will read the white paper that you wrote.

I forgot to mention that in my smb.conf file for SAMBA 3.0.5, I have "blocking locks = no". Should I set this? Or should I use the default "blocking locks = yes"?

I also curious about if it is safe to remove all files(including locking.tdb, brlok.tdb, etc.) under /var/.../locks directory after I stop samba server?

I can see your point to disable oplocks, however, I am still wondering how this upgrade from 2.0.7 (nmbd -V showed 2.0.7, smbd -V showed 2.0.9, NOT 2.2.7) to 3.0.5 introduced oplock problem since we use the default settings for both versions of samba.

Thank you very much for your help!

Xiaoqin Qiu
IT Infrastructure Services Organization
Agilent Technologies, Inc.