[FIXED] (mostly)Re: [Samba] "net setlocalsid" question

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Wed Aug 25 15:53:31 GMT 2004

Forgive me for responding to my own question.  I believe I have found the
problem.  The groupmaps existed by default, the unixgroup part was just
missing.  So the whole time, I was supposed to be using "net groupmap modify
sid=<blah> unixgroup=<bleh>" instead of "net groupmap add" for groups that
already existed.  Forgive the newbie for cluttering the list.

Still curious about the mangle case parameter though.

Misty

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 10:40, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a tad confused about something.  I've got a production instance of
> Samba running.  I am trying to get a test version running on the same box,
> with the same SID.  Without the test server running, I used "net
> setlocalSID <oldsid>" (the net binary is the one for the new server).  Then
> when I issued 'net getlocalsid' it returned it.  I thought I was fine.  But
> when I issue "net groupmap list" all the SID prefixes still show the old
> SID.  Did I do something wrong?  Did it not work since I have another
> instance of Samba running?  Is this something to be alarmed about?  Also,
> if I do "net getlocalsid" by itself, I get the SID I expect.  If I do "net
> getlocalsid <domainname>" I get the SID that I see in the groupmap list.
> Output is below:
<snipped>