[Samba] question on dot files

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Aug 24 23:58:28 GMT 2004

I hope this is an appropriate forum for Samba questions from new users.
I have successfully configured Samba on my network which consists of a
Fedora 2 box and three Windows machines. However, I can't seem to turn
off the dot files. When I browse to the shared folder from a one of the
Windows machines, which is my personal folder in /home, I can see all
the './' and '.' files. In SWAT under the 'filename handling' section
'hide dot files' is set to 'yes'. Can someone tell me what I'm overlooking?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA