[Samba] Re: Strange update problem 3.0.5->3.0.6 with XP-Clients

Georg Hoermann ghoermann at hydrology.uni-kiel.de
Tue Aug 24 17:39:48 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 19:36, Michael Lueck wrote:
> Are you getting the dreaded "Access Denied" error? Go to a command
> prompt, change to a network drive letter, dir, etc... at what point
> do you get the error?

Hello,

Yes... I can login, change to the drive, get a directory
listing and finito.

> What local permissions to the Windows box does the domain account
> grant? I was able to turn "Access Denied" on and off like a light
> switch with Samba 3.0.5 on Debian Testing by granting / removing
> local admin permissions from the account being tested.

no clue. I just used the standard from smbpasswd -
Any hints how I should set the permissions?

GRuss GEorg

--
Georg Hoermann, Fachabteilung Wasserwirtschaft / Dep. Hydrology
Ecosystem Research Center, Kiel University, Germany