[Samba] Re: Strange update problem 3.0.5->3.0.6 with XP-Clients

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Aug 24 17:36:54 GMT 2004

Are you getting the dreaded "Access Denied" error? Go to a command prompt, change to a network drive letter, dir, etc... at what point do you get the error?

What local permissions to the Windows box does the domain account grant? I was able to turn "Access Denied" on and off like a light switch with Samba 3.0.5 on Debian Testing by granting / removing
local admin permissions from the account being tested.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems