[Samba] smbstatus hangs after upgrade from 2.2.8a to 3.0.6

Hans B. Randgaard HBR at maerskoil.dk
Tue Aug 24 15:32:40 GMT 2004

Dear list,

I have just upgraded our main Samba server from version 2.2.8a to 3.0.6.
It seems to be working fine except for 2 things:

1. when I use smbstatus(or swat/status) only some of the connections
    are listed and then smbstatus hangs forever(swat comes back after
    a while, but only with some of the connections)
    Have any of you experienced something similar ?
    How can I debug smbstatus ?

2. Some users working in a trusted domain cannot access a share which
    they used to in version 2.2.8a and smbstatus doesn't show these
    users like they used to with "DOMAIN\user", but only as "user" or
nobody.
    The trust seems to be OK.
    The error in the log file is: "No such file or directory", but the path
    the directory is correct(and hasn't been changed sine the upgrade).
    Have any of you experienced this behaviour ?

The domain controllers are NT boxes.
We trust 3 other domains.
"wbinfo -m" shows these domains.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards, Hans.

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager at hotline at maerskoil.dk.

This e-mail and its contents do not constitute and shall not be
considered as a financial commitment of Maersk Olie og Gas AS
and its affiliates.
Maersk Olie og Gas AS expressly disclaims any responsibility
as to the accuracy and use of this e-mail and its contents.