[Samba] Home directories in samba 3.0.6

Hamish captainmish at gmx.net
Tue Aug 24 11:01:54 GMT 2004

Hello all

Just in case anyone has similar problems:
We have a kixtart script which maps folders for users, I am not sure
where it happened, but I made a mistake with users home directories. A
couple of users were not copied from our old 2000 server during the move
to samba and so were created manually. This worked fine with
/homes/user, but since the upgrade to 3.0.6 some users have failed to
connect.
This was due to case sensitivity on the directories (should have been
/homes/User). I am not sure why this worked in >3.0.5, but 3.0.6 doe not
like it.
Hope this helps someone,