[Samba] set global environment variable under client

Xavier x.poirier at free.fr
Tue Aug 24 09:30:49 GMT 2004

Hi smb ML,

I have just set up a SAMBA 3.0.4 + PDC/LDAP + ACL/QUOTAS/XFS server under linux
Mandrake.
All is working good for now.

My problem is on the login script of my users.
I ' am planning to migrate two novell servers and in the actual login script,we
set GLOBAL environment variables.

In the login.bat that I'm running onto Samba server et logon,
How can I set GLOBAL environment variables for win9x/win2k/NT4 systems ?

normaly , resuming:
- win9x uses the autoexec.bat script
- winnt's uses a key into the registry beeing set by the user

it is a real problem for now to set theses variables.

bye
Have a nice day

--
Xavier