[Samba] Windows 2000/xp logon says cannot create profile

Phillip K phillipkuo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 04:21:27 GMT 2004

I'm running samba-3 on gentoo using samba as a pdc to manage users to
designated shares and home directories.  I have managed to create
users/passwords which create the shared drives using a batch file.
However, when I do login with the user, it says it can't create a
profile and forces the the creation of a temporary profile which is
deleted when the user logs out.

Is there a way to fix this using pdbedit so that the profile is stored
in the profiles folder in samba-3?

thanks in advance