[Samba] Providing Home Dirs

Chad Morris morrisce at acs.sparcc.org
Mon Aug 23 17:17:45 GMT 2004

I'm running samba version 3.0.2 on a Mac OS X Panther server and am
experiencing problems when I have users log in and have their login
drive mounted for them.  The server is a PDC and when a user
authenticates it maps the drive but the underlying folders are not
accessible bye the user who is logged in.  It says access denied.  It
seems to create a Virtual Share Point on the PDC, but with the wrong
permissions for the folders within or something goofy.  When I look at
the Security tab in the properties of the inaccessible folder it has 3
users listed, Everyone, DOMAIN/unknown, DOMAIN/(a random user) usually
the same user not matter who logs in.  Any ideas?

I'm seeing errors like this in the log.

[2004/08/23 13:02:46, 0]
/SourceCache/samba/samba-56/samba/source/rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:
process_request_pdu(605)
   process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.

Chad