[Samba] Groups not recognized

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Aug 23 13:32:18 GMT 2004

>I think this is bug #395 in bugzilla.samba.org (it's a solaris issue as
>you state).

I've been thinking about this issue all weekend (mainly when very bored)
and I can't wrap my head around why this would work in 2 but not in 3.
Obviously a good chunk of the code base changed between the two, but is
3 doing things in a much more betterer way that using the old methods to
do the same thing is no longer a decent altertnative?  Is there any way
that the current code base could be patched to revert to a known good
method of enumerating groups (since I seem to remember that's where the
issue lies).

I'd be interested in seeing some sort of discussion of the issues more
pertinent to the current environments, most of the discussions seemed to
be a year old or more.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.