[Samba] Samba-Win2k network connection

Farai Mtetwa fmtetwa at nac.co.zw
Mon Aug 23 10:56:12 GMT 2004

I am using samba v3 for my redhat linux machine. I have a small LAN.
I can connect to my Win2k machines from the linux machine and view my shared
folders
but I cant do the same from Win2k machines. I get an error message "Windows
cannot find \\Linux Check the spelling and try again, ...".  I cannot even
see it on the network, but I can ping it from Win2k machines.

Where should I configure my smb.conf file? Is it the 'hosts allow' or is it
my users. I created accounts for users to access the linux shares. Are these
Win2k machine names or just login users to the Linux shares?