[Samba] (Un) configuration problem

Jaap Bril Jaap.Bril at inter.nl.net
Mon Aug 23 10:35:20 GMT 2004

LS,

Some time ago I pensioned my old Server. But old soldiers never die; My logs
keep coming up with the following 'Error':

nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail(485)
 get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail:  Doing a node status request to the
domain master browser at IP 192.168.11.2 failed.  Cannot get workgroup name.
: 95 Time(s)

The address mentioned is the address of the pensioned off (non running) old
server. Somewhere the old server is still in the configuration but not even a
grep in /etc/samba can find it.

Where does Samba get the (wrong) information?

Thanks

Jaap