[Samba] smbmount or mount -t smbfs

Daniel Baughman danrb at codenet.net
Sun Aug 22 01:07:56 GMT 2004

I have a share on windows xp system.  I have a 8 gigabyte dvd image on that
share.  Whenever i use mount or smbmount to mount that share it shows the 8
gigabyte dvd image as 16 thousand terrabytes.  I was using samba 2.27a now
im using 3, but it is still the same.   Suggestions?  I've noticed this with
smblclient too to a differnt windows xp box and different file.  If i try to
get the file using smbclient it will download and make some garbage file
unitl the linux partition fills up.

I googled and saw only one other page takling about this, anyone know what
I'm talking about?

Dan Baughman