[Samba] Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

Buchanan, Ralph Ralph.Buchanan3 at boeing.com
Sat Aug 21 00:08:55 GMT 2004

Hey,
    I'm using SAMBA 2.0.9 and only on very large file transfers (500 MB
or more) to or from the SAMBA share after I logout and log back in I'll
get this error message,"Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name
is already in use." If I wait just a couple of minutes the connection
will be made and everything is fine including access to the share once
again. SAMBA 2.0.9 is running on HPUX 11i and the workstation is Win2k.
I've found some reference to my issue on the net but to no avail. Here
is my smb.conf file. What do you think?

#Global parameters
[global]
	Workgroup = Boeing
	Netbios name = TestSamba
	Security = server
	Encrypt passwords = yes
	Password server = ADC! ADC2
	Username map = /etc/opt/samba/users.map
	Password level = 3
	Debug level = 2
	Syslog = 3
	Log file = /var/tmp/samba/log.%m
	Max log size = 500
	Deadtime = 15
	Local master = no
	Guest account = gues
	Writeable = yes
	Create mask =
	Short perserve case = no
	Dos filetime resolution = yes
	Socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
	Read raw = yes
	Write raw = yes
	Oplocks = yes
	Max xmit = 65535