[Samba] Solved! -> Re: make_user_info_map in log with blank Doman and UserID args

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Fri Aug 20 16:36:46 GMT 2004

I found a note about people messing with machine SID's and causing this error, so I dropped the machine line from passwd and smbpasswd, reloaded the box, and all is back to normal.

Since I had already reloaded, and I am guessing SID's are randomly generated thus I probably didn't get the same one back...

1) Is that machine SID end up in other files that are corrupt and getting a new number just masks the problem? as...
2) I had already reloaded this box and it did not start working.
3) And why would it affect only one domain group? Especially since I dumped the groupmap database file and recreated it.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems