[Samba] Samba

Levi Brooks levi at internetpro.net
Fri Aug 20 15:59:54 GMT 2004

Everytime I install Samba on Debian 2.4.27, And I check smbstatus I get this:

tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/brlock.tdb: No
such file or directory
Failed to open byte range locking database
tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/locking.tdb: No
such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

If I take the locking.tdb and brlocking.tdb from another system running a
later kernel 2.2.20, it will work. But when you restart the machine you get
the same error... Don't know if this is a bug or missing files somehow...
Just thought you should know.

Levi
levi at internetpro.net