[Samba] Groups not recognized

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Aug 19 21:35:46 GMT 2004

> I've got an issue with a fresh (and I mean really fresh) 3.0.5 + ldap
> server where doesn't seem to recognize unix group membership.  The
> server was 2.2.8a last night and things were working.  The unix side
> works flawlessly, in other words if I log in as myself I can get where
> I need to, but under samba I get nothing.  Here's some supporting info:

Ok, apparently this is a solaris-vs.-LDAP issue.  I've tested with a
machine running Solaris 9 12/02 (that I could reboot) and with anything
higher than 112960-03 you can't see supplimentary groups, but with -03
you can do everything like you want to, although the id command never
shows all the groups, but I think that's a solaris-ism.

Here's the rub, I've got a Solaris 9 8/03 box that has to be upgraded,
but that version is post 112960-03. Does anybody know of a way around
this??? I'm not completely averse to ripping out sun's nss library, but
that's a little more work than this cat likes to do.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.