[Samba] Authenticating with ldap backend

Brendon Standing brendons at clubtech.co.za
Thu Aug 19 14:21:55 GMT 2004

Hi,

Using samba 3.0.2, I am trying to set up my samba config to authenticate
against my ldap server.  However I am getting the errors:
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Can't contact LDAP server
I believe that samba is trying to bind to port 636. This is a problem as
my ldap server using port 389. Although the option exists in my config
to change the ldap port : "ldap port = 389", when I start samba with
this option I get an error "unkown option".

PLease help .......