[Samba] Group creation and ldap

mike at jurney.org mike at jurney.org
Wed Aug 18 19:21:54 GMT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Neil Robst wrote:

> > [(&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=0))]
> > [(&(|(objectClass=posixGroup)(objectclass=sambaIdmapEntry))(gidNumber=0))]
> > [(&(objectClass=sambaIdmapEntry)(gidNumber=0))]
> >
> > In all cases they fail because the gidNumber is set to something non-zero.
> > Why is it searching on objectClass and gidNumber, not objectClass and cn?
> > Is there a way to change this behavior or let samba know what the
> > gidNumber should be?  I've tried having the add group script return the
> > gidNumber instead of zero, but the behavior is the same.
> >

> Hi Mike - not a resolution to your problem, but just to let you know that
> I'm running the same version in the same configuration and don't see this
> behaviour. My samba group mappings appear to be working as intended.

This only happens when I try to create a new group from the User Manager
for Domains - This search is in the test to see if the posixGroup exists
(right after it calls out to the group creation script).  I have several
groupMappings in operation and they all work correctly; Do I understand
your correctly that you've got working groups, or is it that you're able
to create them as well?

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike at jurney.org