[Samba] LDAP and Password Values

Raymond support at bigriverinfotech.com
Wed Aug 18 15:11:39 GMT 2004

> ... without sambaGroupMapping aux objects on at least some of your
> posixGroups your installation will be of minimal utility - you need the
> required groups like Domain Administrators, Power Users, etc... to get
> 'normal' NT behaviour.

Excellent. This is why I selected phpLDAPadmin; it utilizes
Samba3-schema-specific upload forms that includes drop-down list-boxes with
the aforementioned groups predefined in both Local and Global (domain)
categories.

Now if phpLDAPadmin could only generate the initial  sambaNTPassword and
sambaLMpassword ....

Where I remain unclear is the ldap password sync flag in smb.conf. If set to
yes, does a Windows NT/2K/XP user participating with Samba3 in a workgroup
(security=user) automatically have his or her password transparently
synchronized on the Samba box the next time he or she attempts to utilize a
Samba resource ( if previously changed on the user workstation) or is ldap
password sync a Domain-member-specific implementation.
--
Raymond