[Samba] Problems with administrator entry with uid=0 in Samba-Ldap Backend

Hansjoerg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Wed Aug 18 12:28:23 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am running a samba pdc (3.05) with an openldap backend und Linux.
I put an Administrator account in it with uid=0 as decriebed in the docs.

The ldap server ist a passwd backend for a number of linux clients to
with nss_ldap an pam_ldap.
On the Linux-Clients (not on the samba-server) we run nscd in order to
decrease the number of
ldap request eg. when doing an 'ls -l' in a directory with ~1000 files.

After some times, 'ls -l'  reports, that files, who
belong to root, belong to Administrator.

It seems, that nscd does not take care about the order
passwd: files ldap
in /etc/nsswitch.conf
resulting in the cached Username-uid pair Administrator-0 instead of root-0.

Is there a way to configure Samba/pam.ldap not the use the Administrator
account in ldap (for example putting it in a different
ou not asked by pam_ldap?

Thank you very much

Hansjörg

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/