[Samba] cupsaddsmb question

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Tue Aug 17 19:32:11 GMT 2004

<chuckle>Well I sure didn't see that in the howtos.  Since there is no
specific setting in smb.conf that pertains to this issue, it probably
isn't there in the man pages either.  This might explain why you have to
repeat yourself.

I was using share mode rather than user mode because the system in
question is purely experimental.  My production system is a PDC with an
LDAP backend.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.  I'll try setting the security mode to user
and perhaps I'll set it up to use the ldap backend if need be.

 > This has got to eb about the 1000th fime I've said this,
 > but driver download is not supported under security = share.
 >
 > And the funny thing is that most people don't need it.  If
 > you want guest access only, the set
 >
 >     security = user
 >     map to guest = bad user
 >     username map = /etc/smbusers
 >
 > ## /etc/smbusers
 > foo = *
 >
 > Hope this helps.

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|