[Samba] create mask

Chris chrisd at better-investing.org
Tue Aug 17 18:03:26 GMT 2004

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Changing my umask to 000 is something I am not willing to do for security
reasons.

I do have the mount point owned by the user, as you suggest.

I also am loathe to put 0777 masks in my global area of my conf, also for
security reasons.

The way things are set up on the network, I really need the thing to work as
it should.  I have not tried "directory security mask" yet, perhaps I can do
that...  Not sure what the difference is between that and "directory mask"...

Thanks again.

Chris