[Samba] Samba3 and eDirectory as LDAP - HELP

Hanga Csaba csaba.hanga at gmx.net
Tue Aug 17 06:42:23 GMT 2004

I've got problem with Samba3 when I want to connect to eDirectory. The samba
could not connect to the local eDirectory server. The Samba and the eDir can
be found on the same Linux box which is a SusSe 9.1. The eDir and the Samba
are working pretty good but cant see each other. Is it possible to connect
from Samba 3 to Novell's eDirectory ? What are the syntaxes to these lines
in smb.conf:
ldap suffix
ldap admin dn
ldap port
ldap server
ldap ssl

because the basic LDAP sysntax (sample:
ou=People,dc=muppet,dc=cs,dc=dixie,dc=edu) seems to be not working for the
Novell's eDir. I don't know why, because the Novell said that the eDir is
full LDAP compatible ! Anybody can help me ? Anyone tried to authenticate
from Samba to eDir ? Where can I fiind docs on the Web or anywhere else
connection with this problem ?

Thanx very much
Csaba Hanga (Hungary)